Most schools are out until early April, and spring vacation is the only vacation throughout the year with no homework for children attending Japanese schools. They can simply rest or spend time doing whatever they like before another school year starts from April. It’s time for them to let loose, relax, and enjoy the sunny season.
Have you finished planning your vacations for those with school age children? If not, you might want to consider visiting some of the popular destinations within Japan.
- Drift Ice Sightseeing: Drift ice season is from Jan to Mar. You will need to go on a special sightseeing ship to see the drift ice floating across the Okhotsk Sea. Cruising ships depart from Monbetsu or Abashiri – which are only 1.5 hours flight from Haneda airport.
- Asahiyama Zoo: While zoos in Japan focus on showing “how the animals look”, Asahiyama zoo focuses on showing animals’ behavior or how they spend their days. Visitors can enjoy walking through a tunnel inside of the penguins’ pool, or watch tigers and lions run around in a nature-like environment.
- Snorkeling and Scuba diving: Okinawa’s climate is subtropical and temperature would not go lower than 15 degrees centigrade during March. Surrounding seas are said to have the most beautiful coral reefs and a lot of marine creatures.
- Explore Okinawa’s independent culture: Shuri Castle was designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in year 2000.
- Universal Studio Japan: Having the option of more than 50 flights a day to Osaka from Haneda, Osaka is one of the most popular short trip destinations within Japan. The flight will take you to Osaka in an hour which is a huge plus for families with small children. If you are a Harry Potter fan, Universal Studio Japan will not let you down. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter section is definitely one of the main highlights and has welcomed more than 2 million guests from abroad in the year of 2017.
Looking for more information or experiences?
Not a member yet? Be a member of QuickHelpJapan and enjoy like a local!